About Us!

My photo
United States
Hey people surfing our internet blog post! We are Momo (Monica) and Hatchi (Ashley). We both are currently in high school, in a pebL school. We are studying in CASM as of now. Momo plans on graduating in sound engineering. She loves a good thriller, but also a nice romance movie. She loves anything that has sound. Rather it be movies, music, podcast, anything media. Hatchi wants to learn Japanese and study abroad and when she gets older she wants to become a photographer. Scary and a fair amount of romance movies bore her but she loves mysterious and suspenseful movies.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mask on Nosferatu! (Momo's Review)


Review:
It may be original, but it sure can put someone to sleep! The thriller, Nosferatu, was the original vampire movie of all movies. Honestly, I expected more. For the graphics, I admit that it was great for being made in 1922.

Many rumors have came from this movie and I admit, it was a bit creepy. For example, the rumor on Max Schreck, the man who seems to be in a deep trance. Deep trance for BLOOD! This is what made the movie interesting. Watching the actor for Nosferatu (Max Schreck) frightened me more then anything. If I would have never heard that rumor, I would've give up on this movie. Mr. Schreck did a marvelous job, although I am a bit afraid to fall asleep. What if he wakes up at my bed stump?

Now this movie can get pretty romantic. It is about a male, Jonathan (Gustave V.W) whom is in love with Mina (Greta S.) Jonathan wanted to make more money, and the "half-man," his name is not noted, suggest him to allow the vampire to move into the house across from Jonathan. Being overwhelmed by how much money he would receive, Jonathan rushed to the vampire's house to accept the offer. During his nights in the land of Nosferatu, the man didn't realize that he was a midnight snack for this bloodlust vampire. After being bit, lots of weird things start to happen to the man, along with his lover.

If you would like to see how this conflict is resolved, tune into the movie! But, do not watch it when you are tired. You will fall asleep after the first 10 minutes. I know, I am being a bit harsh, but this movie didn't catch my attention. I'm afraid this movie must be masked! Hopefully, Nosferatu doesn't show up in my room at night, because I know I will definitely panic! Big thumbs up to Mr. Schreck for his amazing acting skills. A bit too amazing...


Actors:
Max Schreck
Gustave Von Wagenheim
Greta Schroeder
Alexander Granach


Credits:
Producers: Enrico Dieckmann, Albin Grau; Music: James Bernard, Hans Erdmann, Carlos U. Garza, Timothy Howard, Richard Marriot, Richard O'Meara, Hans Posegga, Peter Schirmann, Bernardo Uzeda, Bernd Wilden; Cinematography: Fritz Arno Wagner, Gunther Krampf; Art Direction and Costume Design: Ablin Grau. Directed by F.W. Muranau; Writting Credits: Henrik Galeen and Bram Stoker.


Run Time:
1 Hour and 34 minutes

Rating:
Not rated.



No comments:

Post a Comment